I will help you plan your web content
If you’re planning a new website or want to refresh your online content, I can help you with your strategy. I’m not reinventing the wheel. “Content strategy” is really just a method of thinking and planning before you launch.
It’s so tempting, especially with a new website, to just get on with it, to launch the new site and then see what people think. The problem with that approach is that it is much harder and more expensive to correct sometimes quite basic mistakes once the site is up.
I can advise you on the steps you need to take:
- defining your purpose
- identifying your target audience
- auditing your existing content
I will then help you organise your information, sketch out a plan for the structure and decide how users will find what they want, i.e. the navigation. All this before you decide on colours, fonts, photos etc.
How it works
- We meet in person, on Zoom or on the phone, to decide what you are looking for and what sort of budget you have to spend.
- I give you a questionnaire to help you clarify your thoughts.
- We have a follow-up meeting to consider your answers. I suggest headings for your main categories of information.
- You provide draft copy for me to edit and lay out. I prefer you to write your own, however scrappy you may think it is, because your content should as far as possible be in your own words, your voice. I will edit and polish it.
- We have one more discussion to make any changes you want.
- You have a plan to take to a designer and/or developer (of your choosing or one I work with).
Content strategy is one of the topics covered in my certificate in User Experience.
“Your ability to step back and look at projects in a strategic way, including target audience, message and functionality is a really valuable part of your service and helps to ensure smooth running from start to finish.”